Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Alfonso Ossorio





















I have a new favorite artist. His name is Alfonso Ossorio. I ran across him in the October, 2007 edition of Art in America. These images of his work are from the Michael Rosenfeld Gallery, in an exhibit titled "Alfonso Ossorio: Masterworks from the Collection of the Robert U. Ossorio Foundation"























If I had any educational background in art, I could tell you what I like about this stuff. I feel quite lame making the critical statement, "It's really cool." I could also say, "It makes my heart sing." I find it exhilarating. Visually stimulating. I want see it up close.
























I suppose I could quote Marge Simpson and say "I don't know much about art, but I know what I hate, and I don't hate this." Or I could say what's in my heart, which is "If I were an artist, I'd love to make stuff like his."

Below is a pic of the closest I've ever come. All it shares in common is they are both in the medium called "assemblage," I believe. This was my first attempt. I hope to keep at it and come up with with stuff that is better. Cooler.










I don't expect to wind up in a gallery, but I do hope to make something that makes my heart sing. Something that exhilarates me. From looking at Ossorio's art, I am inspired.

tags:


2 comments:

Lovely Lashes said...

thanks for your fab blog! you have a wonderful eye and fun sence of style! Enjoyed reading it! keep up the great work and I'll peek back in! loriepricebischoff.typepad.com
and Soulful Adornments at
soulfuladornments.blogspot.com
take care lorie :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.