Thursday, January 10, 2008

Objet du Jour: "Messy" Tablecloth
























I love this tablecloth on so many levels. The graphic is wonderfully irreverent, and the simple needlepoint treatment projects a lovely indie/handmade aesthetic.
























Also, it colors outside the lines! I love it when art breaks through its frame; there's probably an arty word for that, but as I have no background whatever in art or design of course I don't know it. If there isn't a word for it, there should be. I played around with the concept a bit in this piece from my Flickr photostream. (Yes, I'm aware I'm rambling. It's been a long day.)

In any case, the tablecloth is by AZEdesign, and I spotted it on a blog called roadside scholar, which is well worth a look.

tags:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore this tablecloth. Actually, I added it to my list of things that I want to make but probably never will on my blog.
I checked out your etsy shop too. I really like the pocket mirrors. Well done!