Saturday, October 07, 2006

Designer Water Bottles
















This is my best response to the issue of designer bottled water: designer water bottles.

I drink a LOT of water, and typically carry around a used bottled-water bottle full of fresh tapwater. However, I have noticed that after a few days of use I will start to have soreness in my mouth, especially on my tongue. I wonder if it could be due to a fact I've just discovered here:
The bottled water you purchase is often in #1 PET or PETE bottles (polyethylene terephthalate), which may leach DEHA, a known carcinogen, if used more than once.
I've been poisoning myself.

The SIGG water bottles sold at reusablebags.com are described as a safe alternative. The fact that they offer a number of totally cool styles is icing on the cake.

My favorite style is this one:

But the one I'll probably buy to take to work is this one:

1 comment:

Dzeni said...

This is one that I can relate to! I use my "refilled" water bottle at dance class. I fill it up before class and empty it after so that the water is "fresh". One time, I had the full bottle in my car and the lid was not properly on. A slight flood occured which is what led to my "leave it empty until you need it" policy.