Saturday, February 24, 2007

Artists Florence Broadhurst and Emma Hack





















Color me breathless. First I discover the patterns of Florence Broadhurst--of whom apparently everyone has heard but I. The one above is called Horses Stampede, and I think it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. And I'm not even a horse person, particularly. Horses Stampede is available as wallpaper at Borderline Fabrics.

Then, the same night, I discover what body artist Emma Hack has done with some of Broadhurst's patterns (with the permission of her estate):














































Breathless? Heck, I'm almost speechless.

Almost.

tags:



3 comments:

mavieenrose said...

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I've never heard of Florence Broadhurst either - and I totally agree, her prints are gooooorgeous.
Just found your blog, by the way, and think it's such fun!

Di Overton said...

Wow, those Emma Hack Images are amazing.

Another Shade of Grey said...

Now that is amazing.