Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Too Cool To Use . . . For This!




















The latest design for a t-shirt for the hip crowd? Unfortunately not. Above is a new graphic adopted by the International Atomic Energy Agency and the International Organization for Standardization for use as a radiation warning.

According to the IAEA Press Release , the symbol is
the result of a five-year project conducted in 11 countries around the world. The symbol was tested with different population groups - mixed ages, varying educational backgrounds, male and female - to ensure that its message of "danger- stay away" was crystal clear and understood by all. . . . The new symbol, developed by human factor experts, graphic artists, and radiation protection experts, was tested by the Gallup Institute on a total of 1 650 individuals in Brazil, Mexico, Morocco, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, China, India, Thailand, Poland, Ukraine and the United States.
Wow. That's a lot of work for one graphic!

And it's good. The research clearly shows that it does its job, and the group of experts is to be commended for its success. But by "good," I mean . . . I like it. I want it. I want to wear it. I need to put it on my t-shirt!

Or maybe my hoodie.

via Book of Joe.

tags:


No comments: