Curses, tagged again! Actually this is kind of cool because it comes from a different neighborhood of the blogosphere. I've been tagged by the lovely Jean McManus of Orchids and Violets to tell the world five reasons I blog.
1. The amount of attention I need just to get through the day simply boggles the mind.
2. It flexes my writing muscles. One of my life's biggest "shoulds" is "I should write." This allows me to do it in small, non-immobilizing doses.
3. Despite my need for attention, I am quite self-conscious. Blogging is a method I've chosen for taking the risk of putting myself "out there" and publicly owning my thoughts, feelings, and opinions. This is another stepping stone on the writing path.
4. I feel the internet is the most exciting thing to happen in my lifetime, and I want to be a part of it.
5. It's an area of my life where I can do whatever I want. I like not having a boss, not being edited, and not being told what I can and cannot do.
6. It's an important creative outlet for me. I wish like crazy I could paint or craft or be a real drummer etc. etc. etc. This fulfills some need in me to create.
7. It allows me to do something with my internet finds, rather than simply feeling I've wasted my time surfing.
There, that's seven--two bonus reasons! And with that I tag Maryam of My Marakesh, Anna of Absolutely Beautiful Things, Karen of K Style, Gary of Spray Glue, and (ah, sweet revenge) Di of Designers' Block.